The Corporate Challenge is open to any business, workplace or organisation. It was introduced to encourage participation and get people out and exercising. In 2015, the two businesses with the largest participation numbers had over 30 employees and their families entered in one of the four race events.
In 2016, there will be four prizes awarded in the Corporate Challenge:
- Most overall participants, from any of the four events
- Aggregate fastest team in the 10km run from the first 5 finishers
- Aggregate fastest team in the 6km run from the first 5 finishers
- Aggregate fastest team in the 6km walk from the first 5 finishers
The winning teams will be awarded a voucher from Logan’s Restaurant Warrnambool.
Sports Team Challenge
The Sports Team Challenge was introduced in 2015. Open to any sports team – football, netball, athletics, etc – the winning team is that with the lowest aggregate time for the first five finishers to cross the line.
Two prizes will be awarded in the Sports Team Challenge in 2016:
- Aggregate fastest team in the 10km run
- Aggregate fastest team in the 6km run
The winning teams will be awarded a perpetual trophy and sports voucher with thanks to Intersport Warrnambool.
Primary Schools Challenge
The Primary Schools Challenge is a participation based event, with the winner chosen as that school with the highest number of entrants in the Lap of the Lake event.
In 2016 there will be two prizes awarded:
- Most overall participants in the Lap of the Lake event
- Greatest proportion of the school’s student population entered in the Lap of the Lake event
The winning schools are awarded a perpetual trophy and a voucher for equipment for the school’s sports department to the value of $500 with thanks to Intersport Warrnambool.